Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Burrowing in During the Storm

Last night as the wind howled and the snow fell and covered the earth with a large white glittering blanket, Rick kept watch over the fire in the stove while I knitted.   The scent of beef stew simmering on the stove helped to ward off the chill too.  We woke up this morning to a good 12" of snow.


Poor Rick is outside shoveling and cleaning everything off.  He's got his new GoPro camera attached to his head so I'll see if I can load a video for you tomorrow.  He's pretty new at this camera, so I won't make any promises.
I spent the better part of yesterday and today changing up my blog and learning how to put my artwork into the background.  
Hope I can remember how to do this the next time I want to make a change!
Did you get snow yesterday or are you from one of the few lucky states that missed this storm?

7 comments:

  1. Love the new look of your blog! Your snow is so pretty. We had a lovely 59 degrees today and sun, but it is getting into the 30's tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the new look of your blog. We got hit big today as well, the snow is so high you cannot see the cars in the driveway. Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got the winter storm Tues noon thru Wed noon here in central Illinois. Nearly 6 inches of new snow on top of our old collection. It is really pretty. WIth these low temps it isn't going anywhere anyways soon either. I like watching the snow plows go back and forth, and hearing all the snow blowers early in the mornings while I have my coffee in front of the fire. Catherine, I'm ashamed to say that I'm envious of your God given talent. I can't even draw. sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wrote a comment and accidentally hit 'sign out' so I'll try again. Our winter storm went on from noon Tues to noon Wed. Wonderful beautiful snow. I like seeing the plows run after it passes and hearing all the snow plows. I too like staying close to the fire with my coffee and we really need the water in this area. I so admire your talents. I can't even draw. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had no snow in our neck of the woods, but a COLD wind is blowing and it is gray in a gloomy kind of way! Ahhhh, for warm spring days. But, that is wishing my life away... so I am going to be thankful for a warm house. ;) Your blog looks great!! blessings ~ tanna

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty blog you have! I'm visiting via Penny at Comforts of Home. I loved the story of your husband's grandmother - what a life she must have had!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this background! Must have been what made me think that fabric would be so cool. No, we didn't miss it and it's already back.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to share your sweet comments!